WHAT IS FACIAL REJUVENATION?
Facial rejuvenation is any procedure that addresses facial cosmetics and aesthetics. It is a three-dimensional process involving muscle control, volume restoration, recontouring, and a thorough knowledge of anatomical properties and cosmetic techniques. For optimal facial rejuvenation, the accepted surgical procedures of skin lifting and tightening could be combined with volumizing, thereby addressing ptosis, lines, folds, and volume loss. There are various treatments ranging from invasive to non-invasive at OAS Plastic Surgery
ABOUT FACIAL REJUVENATION
Our faces instinctually dictate our lives if you think about it: attractive people have alluring faces. Our faces communicate how much sleep we’ve had. We try to estimate people’s age through their faces more than we care to admit. The way we express our emotions affects the way our faces look. And much, much more. The point is that our faces are essential and susceptible to a lot of outside forces, so it’s good to be informed about what resources are available so that they can all shine brightly.
Facial rejuvenation will undoubtedly improve your quality of life and provide high satisfaction without compromising safety.
WHAT CAN FACIAL REJUVENATION TREAT?
- Crow’s Feet
- Age Spots
- Sagging Skin
- Under Eye Bags & Circles
- Fine Lines
- Acne Scars
TYPES OF FACIAL REJUVENATION
- A facelift is a procedure where the soft facial tissues are lifted, with any excess skin removed, and then draped back over the newly altered facial contours. It’s also referred to as rhytidectomy.
- Thread Lift
- A thread lift is a procedure where temporary sutures pull back the skin, tightening it as a result. Instead of surgically removing the skin, portions of it are merely suspended.
- A necklift is a procedure that tightens and removes skin from the neck. It’s also referred to as platysmaplasty.
- Brow Lift
- A brow lift is a procedure used to elevate drooping eyebrow areas or eliminate deep lines that run across the forehead. It’s also referred to as a forehead lift.
- Eyelid Lift
- An eyelid lift is a procedure used to correct imperfections or defects in the eyelid and the regions around the eyes. Also known as blepharoplasty.
- Facial Fat Transfer
- A facial fat transfer is a procedure where fat is extracted from a plentiful area on a patient’s body and transferred to the face to restore lost volume. It’s also referred to as a fat graft.
- Ear Reshaping
- Ear reshaping is a procedure that aims to correct imperfections and deformities in the ear. Also known as otoplasty.
- Earlobe Repair
- Earlobe repair is a minor procedure that restores natural contour to stretched out, torn, or gauged earlobes.
- Microneedling is a procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny needles to activate the body’s collagen-producing process. It is also referred to as collagen induction therapy.
- Injectable Fillers
- Injectable fillers are gels used to “fill” in deep facial creases and lines. They are useful for giving the face added volume and smoother texture.
- Botox is an injectable neuromodulator that relaxes the muscles, preventing wrinkles and fine lines and providing the face a smoother complexion. Studies have found Botox to be both safe and successful for a wide variety of indications.
- Chemical Peels
- A chemical peel is a process for improving and smoothing the facial skin where the outer layer is “peeled” off using a unique corrosive solution.
BENEFITS OF FACIAL REJUVENATION
- Cleaner, More Radiant Complexion
- Remove Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- Tightens Loose Skin
- Removes Appearance of Double-Chin
- Reduces Redness and Puffiness
- Treats Acne
- Increased Confidence
- Increased Feelings of Attractiveness
- Increased Skin Elasticity
- Cleanses the Skin
- Improved Social Life
- Face contouring improvement
Facial rejuvenation does not prevent the skin from aging, but it can remove years from a patient’s appearance by reducing the appearance of the signs of aging. The benefits of facial rejuvenation depend on the patient’s skin and the types of treatments chosen. Some procedures have relatively quick recovery times, and others have more extended downtimes.
The ideal candidate for facial rejuvenation is a non-smoker who is in good physical health and has realistic goals and expectations for their face and skin. Patients with fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, acne scars, uneven skin tone, and blemishes are prime candidates for facial rejuvenation. Anyone at any age can pursue facial rejuvenation treatments.
Every treatment process begins with your initial consultation with Dr. Suarez. Together, you’ll discuss your goals and the desired outcome for your face to determine the best path forward.
PREPARING FOR FACIAL REJUVENATION
In the days leading up to your facial rejuvenation treatments, patients should prepare by keeping the skin moisturized, hydrated, and protected from the sun. You will also want to avoid smoking cigarettes and taking blood-thinning medications like aspirin.
After your rejuvenation session, be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions. Depending on your treatment, you may experience mild redness, swelling, or irritation. Cool compresses and over-the-counter medications can help. Like before your treatment, take care of your skin by protecting it from the sun and keeping it moisturized. Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking too much alcohol.
The costs of your chosen procedures can vary based on your specific goals and expectations. Your consultation with Dr. Suarez will provide you with the prices for each treatment.